Are you a highly organised, self-motivated person with a good understanding of farming and agriculture particularly the Animal Feed sector? Do you have a good telephone manner and Microsoft office skills; mainly word and excel; and the ability to assimilate new information quickly? Are you a resourceful team player with a high focus on providing an excellent standard of customer service who is keen to work in a friendly and dynamic environment for a successful, expanding organisation?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a confident and proactive Graduate Trainee / Junior Agri Feed Buyer to join this rapidly expanding business to provide support to the Livestock team in relation to the procurement of livestock feed stuffs and livestock related products on behalf of our members. Fram Farmers is one of the UK’s largest farmer-owned input purchasing and crop marketing Groups for professional arable and livestock farmers. We exist solely to serve and represent our significant Membership base, our goal being to provide them with an unequalled service, together with the very best value for money for the purchasing and crop marketing activities which we undertake on their behalf.
You will be responsible for a variety of activities including but not limited to:
• Develop robust and competitive relationships with key suppliers and have a proactive approach when looking at new products and services.
• Ensure Members are kept up to date with developments and new or alternative products as they become available.
• Provide and maintain a high level of service/account management to the membership.
• Receive and place member orders on a daily basis
• Monitor and manage member forward feed commitments.
• Produce a livestock raw material report on a weekly basis.
• Liaise and communicate with membership regarding logistical movement of feed.
• Comply with UFAS/FEMAS standards
To be considered for this position you will have a high standard of education coupled with a good understanding of farming and agriculture, an upbeat, can do attitude, a good telephone manner. Previous experience in the agriculture feed industry is desirable but not essential.
In return for your ability to multi task and remain calm under pressure you will be rewarded with a competitive salary of c£21,000 - c£23,000 depending on experience/knowledge plus benefits, whilst gaining the opportunity to work within a progressive, career focused environment as part of a lively, professional team.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this vacancy, please apply today!
Tel: 01728 727700
The closing date for this job offer is on 20/06/2020
c £21,000 to c £23,000
This job is located in Framlingham
More Information and How to Apply
About Fram Farmers
Fram Farmers provide the purchasing, grain marketing and administrative function for over 1400 farming businesses across the UK.