Housing Benefit Overpayment
Breckland Council : 1 x 12 month contract, 37 hours
East Suffolk Council : 1 x 12 month Part time contract, 22.2 hours
Are you an enthusiastic, team player with a willingness to learn? If so we would.
Main Purpose of Job:
To undertake a full range of recovery duties to ensure that all income due in respect of housing benefit overpayments and other charges are promptly and efficiently collected.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Process all types of housing benefit overpayments within targets and deadlines
- respond to enquiries by an appropriate method in an appropriate manner
- Assist with the required reconciliations and controls
- Make the appropriate enquiries to ascertain relevant circumstances
- Negotiate payments and arrangements and monitor the subsequent recovery
- To send cases to the bailiffs/collection agents as provided in the relevant policy and deal with the subsequent enquiries
- To provide a helpful and courteous service for the administration of Housing Benefit overpayment
- Assist with any court procedures and assist the councils representative at the court as required
- Liaise closely with relevant colleagues to ensure a smooth and seamless service to the public
- To perform to the standards of ARPs Values and Behaviours and encourage others to do so.
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the grade for the post
Qualifications & Experience
- Good general education - 2 GCSE grades,
- A-C or relevant Revenues experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to deal with conflict.
- Demonstrate good numerical and writing skills
Requirements of the roles:
- Team player and can work on own initiative
- Great communication skills – written and verbal
- Monitor client accounts to check payments received
- Excellent customer service skills
- Accurately update computer systems & records
- Keep up in a fast paced partnership environment
- Liaise with other departments, Citizens Advice and Department for Work and Pensions
- Available to work at our Thetford office
- And above all enthusiasm!
What we offer in return:
- Competitive starting salary £18,389 (pro rata)
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Rewards Package
CLICK HERE for the Job Advert
CLICK HERE for the Job Description
CLICK HERE for the Job Specification
CLICK HERE for the Application Form (PDF)
CLICK HERE for the Application Form (Word Document)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you! Or call Feria on 01842 756426 to find out more about these opportunities. Closing date for applications: 2nd August 2019
The closing date for this job offer is on 02/08/2019
This job is located in Breckland Council and East Suffolk Council, Norfolk and Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Anglia Revenues Partnership
The Anglia Revenues Partnership (ARP) is a group of seven councils, who are working together to provide high-quality, shared revenue services to their residents.