A thriving education trust, comprising of one secondary and three primary schools, which are consistently oversubscribes and enjoy a good local reputation.
They have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to join their IT team.
To support the Network Manager in providing day-to-day support of the College’s ICT systems for teaching, learning, administration and management, and to support end users by resolving technical issues and facilitating their training.
The post holder will be required to demonstrate a continual positive commitment to the Trust’s policies including those relating to safeguarding children, health & safety, and equal opportunities. You will be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, a responsibility we expect all our staff to share.
Support users with hardware and software problems.
Provide computer desktop support.
Install/upgrade software and configure hardware.
Assist with the diagnosis and repair of hardware and network faults and problems.
Assist with the maintenance of accurate equipment inventories.
Attend and support training events for end users.
Carry out any other allied duties that may be required from time to time.
- Install and maintain computer hardware, clients, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals.
- Maintain an up to date inventory of ICT equipment, and ensure cleanliness of equipment.
- Assist with software installation, maintenance and upgrading of equipment.
- Maintain up to date workstation images and deploy them where necessary.
- Keep abreast of technological developments and encourage the use of ICT at all levels.
- Support staff and students with the use of ICT including online support and assisting with inset training where appropriate.
- Support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment around the college.
- Support in the maintenance and development of the college’s website and Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Report any detected breach of the college’s ICT acceptable use policy to the ICT Systems & Strategy Manager.
- Support in-class activities where appropriate.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties assigned by the Network Manager or ICT Systems & Strategy Manager.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with school and Trust policies and procedures.
- To undertake any other duties which may be reasonably required and commensurate with the grade of the post.
- To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager.
- To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace.
- Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the Trust’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Ensure active participation in the Trust’s child protection and safeguarding procedures.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and healthy environment
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at regular intervals and may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after discussion with the post holder. The duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the Trust at the reasonable discretion of the Executive Headteacher. This job description does not form part of the contract of employment.
GCSE grade C or above in English and maths, or equivalent.
Evidence of further training in a relevant discipline.
Effective use of ICT packages.
Good keyboard skills.
Ability to relate well to children and adults.
Ability to solve problems on a day to day basis.
Work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles & responsibilities and your own position within these.
Ability to identify own training & development needs & cooperate with means to address these.
Ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions.
Knowledge of relevant polices/codes of practice & awareness of relevant legislation.
Excellent communication skills.
Clear, polite telephone manner.
Good time keeping.
Full Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
Things to consider
We are looking for an enthusiastic, well organised and hardworking individual, who is able to use their initiative to solve problems and would enjoy working as part of a small but busy team.
Our Trust is continually expanding, so there may be the opportunity to join the Trust on a permanent basis once the apprenticeship is completed. After completion, the applicant will have considerable transferable skills and would be able to seek employment in any sector if a post within the Trust is not available.
The closing date for this job offer is on 03/12/2020
£203 per week
This job is located in Soham, Ely, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.