What is the job?
The role itself will be a lead engineer focusing solely on mechanical services, they will also be doing some surveying of new enquiries, passing information over to the office team to produce quotations.
There are big plans for the successful candidate. The Head of Special Projects hopes to develop them into the head of engineering within 1-2 years. This will involve being in charge of all the engineers, overseeing their sites, and dealing with the pricing of projects. Therefore it is important that the successful candidate possesses people management skills.
It's a fantastic opportunity for someone who has the initiative and determination to help develop a division with huge potential.
The successful candidate will be able to
- Demonstrate a very good knowledge of different systems.
- Work out basic pipe routes.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of pipe materials used and jointing methods for them.
- Be able to install runs and/or sections without supervision.
- Identify and foresee potential technical problems.
- Create and implement solutions to technical problems.
- Have a good knowledge of different mechanical systems.
- Utilise knowledge of how sites are run with builders, clients, etc. on larger projects.
- Manage expectations and relationships with the end user on smaller projects.
- Be able to take and check off deliveries.
- Ensure all agreed deadlines are met.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and be aware of/report any breaches.
- Carry out testing processes for different systems.
- Where necessary, manage the project from start to finish at site level.
On offer is a company van, competitive salary, Perkbox membership, a great working environment and a fantastic career path.
The closing date for this job offer is on 21/02/2019
£36,000 to £38,000
This job is located in Colchester, Essex
More Information and How to Apply
About Lindsey Group
Carve out a real CareerOur strength comes from our people. We have a reputation for unearthing and developing the best talent in the business. It continues to be one of our greatest strengths, ever since we started back in 1925. Even back then we believed in...