We have a vacancy for a full-time Maintenance Worker to join our team, to provide a comprehensive maintenance service on our properties, including renovations, emergency repairs, grounds maintenance and health and safety checks.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with the aptitude to learn all necessary skills on the job
- Ideally someone with plumbing, electrical maintenance, carpentry, painting and/or decorating experience although not essential as we can provide support and training
- The ability to perform assignments efficiently and safely in accordance with instructions and demonstrate integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks whilst being mindful of the vulnerability of many of the people we support at St Martins
- A full clean driving licence
- Availability for out of normal hours emergency repair work.
You can expect:
- The support and guidance of working for one of the Top 20 Best Charities to Work For, as featured in the Sunday Times list for 2021
- To learn skills to renovate properties on a continual basis, including: repairing floors, doors and walls, cleaning where necessary, interior and exterior painting and report any defects in the water, gas and electrical equipment at any of the locations
- A comprehensive training programme for core and specialist training
- The opportunity to qualify in a specific field
- Up to 29 days holiday and from your first day an additional ‘birthday’ holiday to be taken in your birthday month
- Access to discounted products, services and cycle to work scheme
For more information about the role, please call Pirry Keohane, Head of Property on 01603 667706.
For an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once completed, please send to the same address.
It is St Martins’ expectation that all staff will be double vaccinated against Covid-19, wear face masks and participate in regular Covid testing, except where medically exempt.
St Martins is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. An enhanced DBS check will be required for successful applicants.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2022
£20,444- £21,695 38 hours per week
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
How to Apply
About St Martins Housing Trust
Helping the homeless build a better life in Norwich and Norfolk. RooflessWe support rough sleepers, sofa surfers and those at risk of becoming homeless IndependenceWe support people with the skills necessary for independent living Residential Care Our...