40 hours, over 7 days. Shift work is included. Total hours per week: 40.00. Total hours per week: 40.00
In the first phase of the apprenticeship programme you'll be one of 200 apprentices living and learning at Westwood, our world-class training facility. You'll take on academic study at the same time as working and complete a series of work-based learning assignments and reports. Following that, you’ll join an experienced engineering team at a depot close to home.
Depending on the path you choose, once out in the field you could be:
- Track - Inspecting, maintaining and repairing the track network to keep the railway safe and efficient
- Off-track - Inspecting, maintaining and renewing level crossings and fencing. Managing trackside vegetation
- Overhead Lines – Inspecting and maintaining overhead power lines; working with high voltage systems, at height
- Signalling – working on signalling failures & designing signalling schemes
- Telecoms – supporting a wide range of telecommunications systems & developing new telecoms technology
- Distribution & Plant – keeping power flowing through the electrified rails safely & efficiently. Investigating loss of power to substations
There's lots to take in and a lot of responsibility to take on, but by the end of the scheme, you'll be set up for a great future and career at Network Rail.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/04/2020
This job is located in Norwich, Ipswich
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.