Optical Assistant Apprenticeship - EAST DEREHAM SPECSAVERS
FULL TIME TO INCLUDE WEEKEND WORKING
" At Specsavers, we’re always looking to the future- which is where people like you come in.
Our Apprenticeship scheme gives people of all ages the chance to boost their existing skillset and kickstart an exciting new career as part of a forward-thinking business, all whilst earning a full-time wage.
We are currently looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about providing great customer service and would like to pursue a career in retail, management or optics. As well as being passionate and motivated in everything you do, it’s important that you’re also a great listener and communicator – as that’s what excellent service is all about. In addition to having great communication skills, you’ll also be a team player and have a real passion for making a difference, both in your development and within the business.
Who is this Apprenticeship for?
- Recent school/college leavers OR those looking for a new challenge
- Individuals with both GSCE Maths and English at Grade D/3 or above, or an equivalent level qualification
- Individuals who have lived in the EU for 3 years or more, with the right to work in the UK
What does the role involve?
- Welcoming customers into store
- Booking in eye tests
- Pre-screening patients
- Providing style advice
- Measuring frames
- Taking phone calls
What will you gain?
Your on-the-job training will sit alongside structured learning that will lead to a nationally recognised qualification. At the end of your year as an apprentice, you’ll be a fully-fledged Level 2 Optical Assistant. Over the course of thirteen months with us, you’ll:
- Earn a salary (c. £168.75 per week)
- Gain valuable work experience in a full-time role
- Receive comprehensive and structured training, supported by a qualified assessor
- Deliver high-quality products and services in an innovative retail environment
- Become part of a team working towards a common goal
- Be entitled to paid holidays
On top of everything we have to offer our apprentices, we’re just as happy to learn from you too! In this role, a head full of ideas will certainly come in handy and could make a real difference to how we do things right across the business. With us, you’ll always have the opportunity to make a difference. "
The closing date for this job offer is on 14/08/2020
c. £168.75 per week
This job is located in Dereham, Norfolk
How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.