We are looking for a real ‘do-er’ – someone who wants to embrace the Atalian Servest culture of rolling up their sleeves and getting the job done. Is this you? An outgoing, methodical person who is happy to get stuck in and get the task completed.
As a Payroll Assistant, you will be supporting the Payroll team by undertaking general administrative work which will include taking incoming phone calls and inputting data. You’ll communicate with our field-based colleagues via written correspondence, e-mail and over the telephone, so having someone who is an excellent communicator is essential.
This role provides real potential for the right candidate to kick start a career in the payroll profession. The potential scope of the role really depends on the enthusiasm and appetite of the candidate and our friendly, welcoming payroll team are keen to support our successful applicant with their personal and professional development. You will gain exposure to all elements of the payroll function and you will benefit from being situated within such a core business function that you will benefit from making connections and building relationship with colleagues across the Company.
We are keen to meet with candidates who work with initiative and efficiency; whose personal high-standards ensure they routinely produce work of exceptional quality, within deadlines and with a right-first-time approach.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Accurately preparing payroll documentation
- Collaborating with colleagues in our central support functions
- Dealing with an extremely high work volume, so being able to work efficiently and accurately is extremely important
- Inputting data onto pre-populated Excel documents in addition to completing a large amount of general administrative work that may have tight, immovable deadlines
- Taking incoming telephone calls from colleagues regarding pay and associated queries, passing them on to the correct team member for resolution
- Completing benefit forms, scanning, filing, and post opening/allocation
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with people at all levels
- A thorough, reliable approach with a high-level of attention to detail when completing tasks
- Ability to plan and prioritise a varied workload within tight deadlines whilst remaining flexible and adaptable in the face of change
- You will demonstrate initiative and problem-solving abilities
- An outstanding team player
- A real focus on delivering exceptional customer service
- General IT skills with the MS Office suite, with emphasis on Excel and Outlook is essential
Hours and Environment
Our business works at a fast pace so you’ll need to be flexible and adaptable. The payroll team deliver outstanding service across the business throughout the week between 09:00-17:30 Monday to Friday.
If you want to be part of a friendly and welcoming team, Click Apply - we’d be delighted to hear from you!
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people - we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Atalian Servest
Atalian Servest is one of the world’s leading providers of FM services. The group’s 125,000 colleagues provide facilities services to customers across 32,000 sites, spanning 33 countries and four continents. With almost a century of experience, the company Ser...