OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The estate’s leisure businesses now account for over two thirds of the estate’s revenue. The role of the Tractor Trailer & Buggy Driver is to provide an outstanding, efficient transport service on guided tours of the park & to the Walled Garden & back. You will offer excellent customer service when communicating with customers. You will be required to work to an operational rota as part of an effective Visitor Experience Team covering the whole of the visitor experience at Holkham.
The following is intended to provide guidance as to duties but it is not exhaustive. You will from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Specific duties will include:-
- To provide a high quality transport service for visitors through Holkham Park. To check customers have the correct ticket and liaise with the Ticket Office as required.
- To provide a warm & friendly welcome to visitors.
- To act as a source of information to our visitors, demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the Holkham Estate.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service at all times, including exceeding customers’ expectations.
- To assist disabled visitors using the transport service as required.
- To be responsible for the day to day maintenance, appearance and cleaning of the vehicles including completing daily check lists as required. To record and notify the Duty Manager and/or Visitor Experience Supervisor and/or Education Manager if any elements of the vehicles are faulty or any damages occur.
- To develop relationships with visitors so that they feel engaged and valued, increasing the likelihood of their repeat custom and recommendation to friends and family.
- When based at the Walled Garden, to check that visitors have the correct ticket for entry. This includes some selling of tickets & Guide Books as required. To monitor & replenish stock of leaflets & Guide Books.
- To assist with plant and produce sales at the Walled Gardens as required.
- Help to resolve any difficulties and disputes which may arise in a calm and efficient manner.
- To maximize ticket and guide book sales and promote events.
- To ensure that all Visitor and Retail areas are kept clean and tidy at all times. This will include regular checks on levels of cleanliness in the lavatories.
- To act as liaison with emergency services as required.
- Maintain effective communication with all members of the Visitor Experience Team.
- To adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety policy at all times.
- If trained, administer First Aid if necessary.
- To make a positive contribution to the work of the Visitor Experience Team and the company as a whole.
The following personal qualities are required: -
- Initiative, energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- High standards of personal presentation.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude and an ability to work calmly under pressure.
- You must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom
You will be required and encouraged to engage in a programme of professional development as required during the season.
Reviewed December 2019 Sue Penlington, Education Manager
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/01/2020
£9.30 per hour (from 1st April 2020) for staff aged 21 and over.
This job is located in Holkham, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Holkham Estate
Holkham is a special place where a stunning coastal landscape meets one of England’s great agricultural estates. It is a haven for wildlife, walkers and anyone seeking to connect with the uplifting power of nature.