OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The estate’s leisure businesses now account for over two thirds of the estate’s revenue. The role of the Trailer Tour Guide is to deliver informative Trailer Tours around the park to visitors & school groups. You will be required to work to an operational rota as part of an effective Visitor Experience Team covering the whole of the visitor experience at Holkham.
The following is intended to provide guidance as to duties but it is not exhaustive. You will from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Specific duties will include:-
- To deliver an informative, engaging & fun Trailer Tour commentary on guided tours around the park. This includes checking tickets, ensuring safety standards are met & providing excellent customer service to our visitors.
- Implement the daily operation of the Trailer Tours including : undertaking checks on equipment, maintaining equipment and resources and ensuring this practice is recorded in the relevant log.
- To provide a warm and friendly welcome and ensure every customer has the correct ticket. Act as a source of general information to visitors.
- To ensure that you provide the highest standards of customer service to all our customers. This will include looking for ways of exceeding customers’ expectations, anticipating customers’ needs and responding positively in all your communications with customers.
- To develop relationships with visitors so that they feel engaged and valued, increasing the likelihood of their repeat custom and recommendation to friends and family.
- To record and notify the Duty Manager and/or Education Manager if any elements of the passenger carrying trailer are faulty or any damages occur.
- To ensure extremely high levels of cleanliness are maintained on the passenger carrying trailer and external interpretation including ‘owl boxes’ and interpretation panels.
- To develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of the overall content of the Holkham Stories Experience and knowledge and understanding of the wider Holkham Estate.
- To cover Holkham Stories Experience as required.
- To assist Education & Events team with Event set up & preparation including creating resources in advance as required.
- To maximize ticket and guide book sales and promote events.
- To adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety policy at all times.
- To make a positive contribution to the work of the Visitor Experience Team and the company as a whole.
The following personal qualities are required: -
- Initiative, energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- High standards of personal presentation.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude and an ability to work calmly under pressure.
- You must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
You will be required and encouraged to engage in a programme of professional development as required during the season.
Reviewed December 2019 – Sue Penlington Education Manager
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/01/2020
£9.30 per hour (from 1st April 2020) for staff aged 21 and over.
This job is located in Holkham, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Holkham Estate
Holkham is a special place where a stunning coastal landscape meets one of England’s great agricultural estates. It is a haven for wildlife, walkers and anyone seeking to connect with the uplifting power of nature.