OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The estate’s leisure businesses now account for over two thirds of the estate’s revenue. The role of the Visitor Services Assistant is to provide a positive and welcoming first point of contact for visitors and to offer an excellent customer service both in person and via other methods of communication. You will be required to transport our visitors to the Walled Garden on a golf buggy and supervise the Visitor arrival point at the Walled Garden. You will be required to work to an operational rota as part of an effective Visitor Services and Retail team covering the whole of the visitor experience at Holkham.
The following is intended to provide guidance as to duties but it is not exhaustive. You will from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Specific duties will include:-
- Assist in the day to day running of the Visitor Reception, provide a high-quality transport service to the Walled Garden and supervise the Visitor arrival point at the Walled Garden.
- To assist with covering lunch breaks in the Holkham Stories Experience and Gift Shop as required.
- To ensure that you provide the highest standards of customer service to all our customers. This will include looking for ways of exceeding customers’ expectations, anticipating customers’ needs and responding positively in all your communications with customers.
- To provide a warm and friendly welcome to visitors of all ages and to develop relationships with customers so that they feel welcome and valued, increasing the likelihood of their repeat custom.
- To provide an efficient ticket sales service for the attractions, cycle hire, ropes course, boat hire and events including cash handling, cheque and credit card sales. To reconcile and record transactions on a daily basis.
- To answer all queries received in person and by telephone, post and email relating to the visitor experience at Holkham.
- To maximize ticket and guide book sales, upsell at every transaction and promote events.
- To input all relevant information into the computerized database systems. Compliance with the data protection act must be adhered to at all times.
- To provide the Marketing Department, management and other agencies with statistics relating to sales, specific offers and promotions as required.
- To assist with the preparation of resources for seasonal events and activities.
- To develop and maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of the Holkham Estate.
- To provide a ‘meet and greet’ service for groups visiting the estate as required.
- To provide a ‘meet and greet’ service outside the Visitor Reception as required.
- Supervise the Walled Garden Visitor arrival point - check that visitors have the correct ticket for entry, role includes selling of tickets, Guide Books and plant sales as required. To monitor & replenish stock of leaflets & Guide Books.
- To operate the loan system for motorized scooters adhering to operating procedures. To provide an informed welcome to visitors
- To follow the correct opening and closing procedures for the Visitor Reception and Walled Garden reporting any concerns to the Visitor Experience Supervisor or Duty Manager.
- To be responsible for day to day maintenance, appearance and cleaning of the vehicles including completing daily check lists as required. To record and notify the Duty Manager and/or Visitor Experience Supervisor if any elements of the vehicles are faulty or any damages occur
- To ensure that all visitor areas and vehicles are kept clean and tidy at all times. This will include regular checks on levels of cleanliness in the lavatories.
- To adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety policy at all times.
- If trained to administer First Aid if necessary.
- To make a positive contribution to the work of the Visitor Experience Team and the company as a whole.
- Initiative, energy, enthusiasm and persistence.
- Good presentation skills.
- High standards of personal presentation.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude and an ability to work calmly under pressure.
- You must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
You will be required and encouraged to engage in a programme of professional development as required during the season.
Reviewed December 2019 – Sarah Hiner, Visitor Experience Supervisor
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/01/2020
£9.30 per hour (from 1st April 2020) for staff aged 21 and over.
This job is located in Holkham, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Holkham Estate
Holkham is a special place where a stunning coastal landscape meets one of England’s great agricultural estates. It is a haven for wildlife, walkers and anyone seeking to connect with the uplifting power of nature.