Applications for this role are now closed.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, with 20% of your time being dedicated to course-based learning which goes towards your final qualification.
Location: Bowthorpe, Norwich, NR5 9JF. Free parking on site.
Zatu Games is quickly becoming the UK’s favourite, and most affordable, online board games retailer, selling thousands of top-quality products across the UK and throughout Europe.
We are looking for an intelligent, hard-working and proactive Web Developer Apprentice to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to experience multiple departments of our business, aiding your personal growth as well as giving something back to the community.
This is a 12-month apprenticeship that is great role for school leavers. Further career advancement opportunities are available for the right candidate.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating new pages and content on our websites
- Fixing small website bugs and errors that occur
- Testing major website changes, guaranteeing that there are no errors before they are put onto the live sites
- Frequently testing our websites to ensure that they are functioning as they should be
- Regularly checking different aspects of the sites to ensure all features, components, plugins etc. are working correctly
What we’re looking for:
- A reliable individual with excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to think on your feet
- An individual who loves learning and is always looking to improve their skills
- Someone who is highly computer literate
- Individuals who can demonstrate high levels of accuracy and attention to detail with their work
- Some knowledge of website features and functionalities would be desirable but not essential
Why work for us?
At Zatu Games we make sure our staff are happy and healthy so they can best help our customers! We offer many unique benefits to help with this, including:
- Flexitime and flexible working hours
- Free £50 gaming voucher for every employee, every year
- Generous staff discount on board games, toys and teddy bears
- Increasing holiday allowance for length of service
- Breakout rooms with modern facilities such as PS4, ping-pong tables and board games
- A friendly, sociable and exciting working environment
- Aviva Pension Scheme
- Free refreshments
- Free massages
- Free eye tests through Specsavers
- Monthly bring your dog to work days
- 80% off local Tennis club annual membership fee
- Discount on Residential Conveyancing and other legal advice
- Free on-site parking
For more information or to apply visit: https://www.board-game.co.uk/web-dev-apprentice/
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/12/2021
£5.50 per hour, subject to increase after completion of the apprenticeship.
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Zatu Games
Zatu Games is a young, up-and-coming online retailer ready to change the game when it comes to employment. Our mission is to sell top quality board games, collectables and merchandise at great prices, whilst spreading the word that board games are the future!