The Port Manager oversees the operation of the port, they are responsible for all aspects of the business, making sure the port is running as efficiently and cost effectively as possible and will ensure that clients using the port are satisfied and happy with the service. They are specifically responsible for health and safety and security at the port.
Extensive experience in a variety of roles in a port/harbour. A degree in business management, business, operations would be advantageous.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Good leadership and management skills
- Very well organised
- A high level of numeracy
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Self motivation and the ability to motivate others
- Confidence in your abilities
- Willingness to work unsocial hours when necessary
£21,000 to £35,000