Applications for this role are now closed.
Higher Apprentice - Operations Management
Working as a higher apprentice in our Operational teams you will get exposure to numerous elements of our manufacturing process and what it takes to manage our plants. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to start out a career in operational management and learn the ropes from the ground up… A typical day as a Higher Apprentice in Operations will be very varied but typically you could be involved in:
Activities will include:
- Working in our Concrete, Aggregate, Asphalt or Building Products manufacturing sites (dependent on where the role is based). To help you establish where you want to specialise it is likely you’ll be given exposure to different products through rotations or secondments during your apprenticeship.
- We’ll value you as a fresh pair of eyes to support the site teams in improving production efficiency, we want you build the confidence to challenge, think about new ways of working and help our teams improve the effectiveness of their sites.
- You’ll support Site Managers, Maintenance Managers and Operations Managers in the running of their teams and functions.
- At Tarmac, safety is our no.1 priority - you work safely and you go home safely at the end of the day. You’ll play an important role in driving a positive culture, challenging us when something doesn’t feel right, or where there are opportunities to improve our safety performance.
- You will be provided with support to be able to take on the responsibility of the basic maintenance and inspections on site, learn to operate mobile plant, undertake site-based duties (including production process and keeping the site clean and maintained).
The Ideal Candidate
- Five GCSEs (or equivalent) A-C or numbered equivalent (9-4) including English and Maths, or level 3 qualification, including A levels, NVQ, BTEC, or Level 3 apprenticeship.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- A desire to get stuck in and have variety of a hands on role with time working in the office too.
- Enthusiastic about starting a career in the building materials industry!
- Passionate about working safely.
- A team player.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Go on… are you ready to build your future?
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/05/2022
This job is located in Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
Tarmac (a CHR company) is the UK’s leading sustainable construction materials, road contracting and building products business.