Careerometer (LMI For All)
This Career-o-meter can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations and help you learn about different occupations and identify potential careers. It provides access to a selection of UK headline data relating to pay, weekly hours of work and future employment prospects for different occupations, as well as description of the occupation.
- Simply type in the title of the job you are interested in and the widget provides a series of options from which you can select the most relevant to you
- You can then look up another two occupations and compare
- You can also select ‘display the UK average’ and compare the information with the occupation you have selected
- Be aware that this is national average data, but you can use it to help you get a bigger picture of the potential opportunities on offer when used in conjunction with our own Industry, Job Area, Job Ideas and Organisation profiles here on icanbea...
[Mobile users may need to scroll right to access the additional comparison boxes]
If you're not sure which jobs to look at, you might want to try the Skills-o-meter first, to get an idea of what you might like to do. Both the Skills-o-meter and the career-o-meter are widgets provided by the LMI for All project and use national data. Don't forget that you can explore local Suffolk and Norfolk careers information through icanbea... using tools like our own Careers Wizard and Job Ideas database.
The Careerometer provided by the LMI for All service is an easy way to get access to national labour market information. Careerometer is the new, updated version of the Careerometer (version 1) widget developed early on in the project.
- The data relating to hours and pay are estimates based on the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (Office for National Statistics).
- The pay estimates provided relate to mean pay for full-time jobs in an occupation.
- The estimates of future employment prospects are projections taken from the Working Futures study and are based on past employment trends.
- See the explanation of the sources here in data documentation. Please note that the accuracy of projections for individual occupations is subject to error because of the many unknown factors that may affect the economy over the projection period. Occupational employment projections and related job outlook information can usefully support the career decision-making process but they should not be the sole basis for a choice of career.
For more information, visit https://www.lmiforall.org.uk/careerometer/
About LMI For All
LMI for All is an online data portal, developed by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills, which brings together existing national sources of high quality labour market information (LMI) that can inform people’s choices about their careers. After successfully completing its pilot stage, LMI for All has been given full project status.
For more information about the project, visit www.lmiforall.org.uk
Please note that the widget embedded on this page and the data it provides belongs to the LMI for All project, and has not been developed by, nor is affiliated with icanbea... or The Mason Trust.