Careerometer (LMI For All)
The LMI for All project provides a tool can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations to support the process of identifying potential careers.
This tool helps you to compare national average wages and working hours for up to three occupations.
- Try typing in a job that you'd like to investigate and then select a match from the list to see the data
- You can then include a second and third choice to view the comparison if required
- Be aware that this is national average data, but you can use it to help you get a bigger picture of the potential opportunities on offer when used in conjunction with our own Industry, Sector, Job Role and Organisation profiles here on icanbea...
The Careerometer widget provides access to a selection of headline data relating to pay, weekly hours of work and future employment prospects. The data are organised by occupation: simply type in the title of the job you are interested in and the widget provides a series of options from which you can select the most relevant to you.
[Mobile users may need to scroll right to access the additional comparison boxes]
- The data relating to hours and pay are estimates based on the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (Office for National Statistics).
- The pay estimates provided relate to mean pay for full-time jobs in an occupation.
- The estimates of future employment prospects are projections taken from the Working Futures study and are based on past employment trends.
- See the explanation of the sources here in data documentation.Please note that the accuracy of projections for individual occupations is subject to error because of the many unknown factors that may affect the economy over the projection period. Occupational employment projections and related job outlook information can usefully support the career decision-making process but they should not be the sole basis for a choice of career.
For more information, visit www.lmiforall.org.uk/widget/careerometer-1
About LMI For All
LMI for All is an online data portal, developed by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills, which brings together existing national sources of high quality labour market information (LMI) that can inform people’s choices about their careers. After successfully completing its pilot stage, LMI for All has been given full project status.
For more information about the project, visit www.lmiforall.org.uk
Please note that the widget embedded on this page and the data it provides belongs to the LMI for All project, and has not been developed by, nor is affiliated with icanbea... or The Mason Trust.