General - Home Educating / Schooling Resources
A non-exhaustive list that might help those affected by school closures.*
Use [Ctrl]+F to search for keywords.
General Learning Resources
- A huge range of online learning covering a range of subjects and ages
- Including: BBC Bitesize, TED, Crash Course & more
- For: Kids, GCSE / A-Level Students, Sixth Formers, Teachers
- BBC Bitesize
- Learn and revise for Primary, Secondary and Post-16, including daily lessons featuring videos, activities and more.
- Oak National Academy
- Online classroom and resource hub created by teachers, for teachers - though pupils can just dip into lessons if their teachers or school are not using the programme
- Success at School
- Careers Support Hub - a collection of resources for teachers, careers advisers, parents and students to use during the school closures brought about by coronavirus.
- Career Ready
- 8 core subjects that link curriculum learning to careers. Great to use with secondary and sixth form students.
- BBC Teach
- A range of subject resources available for teaching Key Stage 3 and 4 and GCSE.
- English resources for KS3, GCSE and A-Level.
- FREE English, maths and science courses.
- English, maths and science courses.
- For those revising at GCSE or A level. Tons of free revision content. Paid access to higher level material.
- 8 subject categories that have lots of free resources.
- Ted Ed
- All sorts of engaging educational videos.
- The Kids Should See This
- Wide range of cool educational videos.
- Crash Course
- You Tube videos on many subjects.
- DK Find Out
- Activities and quizzes.
- Secondary school closure home learning resources.
- Educational resources for all ages, mostly are free some require a subscription.
- Khan Academy
- Video lectures and quizes for various subjects, uses the U.S. grade system but it's mostly common material.
- Employability Skills Toolkit
- Free lesson plans and resources to download for different age groups and on a range of subjects including Technology & Digital Skills and Wellbeing
- The Skills Toolkit
- Free digital and numeracy courses to build your skills from .gov
*None of the resources on this page are owned, hosted, produced by or monitored by icanbea. All resources mentioned are provided in good faith as general recommendations for online learning. Please exercise the normal caution when accessing online materials (on the Internet and) external to the icanbea platform.