Courses - Home Educating / Schooling Resources
A non-exhaustive list that might help those affected by school closures.*
- Structured learning programmes for various ages and levels.
- Including: FutureLearn, Open University, iDEA & more
- For: Younger Learners via Parent Account, 14+, Adults and Teachers
- Free to access 100s of courses, only pay to upgrade if you need a certificate in your name (own account from age 14+ but younger learners can use a parent account).
- Free taster courses aimed at those considering Open University, but everyone can access it. Adult level, but some e.g. nature and environment courses could well be of interest to young people.
- iDEA Awards
- Digital enterprise award scheme you can complete online.
- Online guitar courses.
- Curriculum-linked employment sector lessons (Teacher led)**
- Aimed at teachers, these curriculum-linked lesson templates were created for the Ipswich Opportunity Area project and are designed for teachers to run classes with their students to look at local employment sectors, the opportunities they can offer and other basic Labour Market Information (LMI). Each lesson makes use of the icanbea website and additional resource documents to provide activities such as research tasks and class challenges. Specific and general teacher notes are included for each lesson plus additional reading and articles for teachers and students.
*Most of the resources on this page are not owned, hosted, produced by or monitored by icanbea. All resources mentioned are provided in good faith as general recommendations for online learning. Please exercise the normal caution when accessing online materials (on the Internet and) external to the icanbea platform.
**Curriculum-linked lesson plans created for icanbea under the Ipswich Opportunity Area Project