Home Educating / Schooling Resources
A non-exhaustive list that might help those affected by school closures due to coronavirus, compiled by home educators.*
- Khan Academy
- Especially good for maths and computing for all ages but other subjects at Secondary level. Note this uses the U.S. grade system but it's mostly common material.
- BBC Learning
- This site is old and no longer updated and yet there's so much still available, from language learning to BBC Bitesize for revision. No TV licence required except for content on BBC iPlayer.
- Free to access 100s of courses, only pay to upgrade if you need a certificate in your name (own account from age 14+ but younger learners can use a parent account).
- For those revising at GCSE or A level. Tons of free revision content. Paid access to higher level material.
- Free taster courses aimed at those considering Open University but everyone can access it. Adult level, but some e.g. nature and environment courses could well be of interest to young people.
Click here to view the full list of resources.
- Success at Schools
- Careers Action Plan: Summer Term 2020. A template to help with planning careers objectives and weekly tasks.
- Prince's Trust
- Achieve - Personal Development and Employability resources for 11-19 year olds.
- Amazing Apprenticeships
- Student Apprenticeship Guide - Interactive and includes 10 hours of self-directed learning activities. Perfect for Year 12 and 13 considering apprenticeships.
- Life Skills
- To help you keep planning your future career.
- Engaging lessons that include; assemblies, stand-alone lessons and complete schemes of work.
- Joe Wicks - The Body Coach
- Running PE lessons for all ages live on YouTube. Mon-Fri, 9:00am- 9:30am.
- Mr Bruff - Daily lessons
- English lessons for GCSE students
- Chromeworks Tech Training
- Coding lessons every weekday during the COVID Crisis.
- Twinkl Kids TV
- Daily phonic lessons
Music Learning Resources
- Norfolk Music Hub
- Support for students wanting to keep learning and making music from home and available for all ages.
- Out Of the Ark Music
- Nurseries and Primary school singing resources to help keep children practising and learning to sing.
- Success at Schools
- Free Gatsby guides and a range of different subject available.
- Careers Ready
- 8 core subjects that link curriculum learning to careers. Great to use with secondary and sixth form students.
- A range of subject resources available for Key Stage 3 and 4 and GCSE.
- English resources for KS3, GCSE and A-Level.
- Curriculum content for KS3 for 5 subjects.
Click here to view the full list of Subject Resources.
- STEM Learning
- STEM subject activities to do at home that are available for all ages.
- Computing curriculum and highlight the skills children need to become digital citizens. Ideal for 4- 11 year olds.
- HM Government
- Engineering Activity Zone - Has lots of activities to get children thinking and building like engineers.
- Free Home Learning resources for primary and secondary pupils.
- Royal Academy of Engineering
- STEM Curriculum for KS2/3/4 that has been put together by teachers and engineers to help inspire students about a career in engineering.
Click here to view the full list of STEM Resources.
Primary School Resources
- National Literacy Trust
- Family Zone, has simple activities to engage children at home.
- Classroom Secrets
- Activities for children to use independently.
- Curriculum focused, with over 40 home learning activities.
- Robin Hood MAT
- Learning projects for EYFS and primary pupils.
- It is an app that has curriculum for numeracy and SPaG with some phonics.
Click here to view the full list of Primary School Resources.
*None of the resources on this page are owned, hosted, produced by or monitored by icanbea. All resources mentioned are provided in good faith as general recommendations for online learning. Please exercise the normal caution when accessing online materials (on the Internet and) external to the icanbea platform.