Kickstart Scheme Jobs (GOV)
The Kickstart Scheme is a 6 month paid job with a local employer, funded by the Government. It provides a fully funded job opportunity for young people to gain experience of working in some of Britain’s most exciting companies.
Am I eligible for Kickstart?
Jobs from the Kickstart Scheme are open to 16–24-year-olds, who are claiming Universal Credit, and are at risk of long-term unemployment. If you have a Work Coach talk to them about the Kickstart Scheme and find out whether it’s right for you.
How do I see / search Kickstart opportunities in my local area?
icanbea... is working with the DWP to show you local Kickstart opportunities in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire. We have links to various Kickstart Scheme areas and opportunities feeds across this site, but you can also use the shortcuts below. All these links have a search bar and filter (incl. postcode) at the top.
- To search all Kickstart opportunities use this link to access the full list.
- To search KS opportunities in specific areas, visit the pages below:
- Coastal (Jobcentre Plus: Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth, Beccles, Leiston)
- North Norfolk (Jobcentre Plus: North Walsham, Cromer, Fakenham)
- Norwich (Jobcentre Plus: Norwich)
- West & South Norfolk (Jobcentre Plus: Kings Lynn, Dereham, Thetford, Diss)
- West Suffolk (Jobcentre Plus: Bury St Edmunds, Haverhill, Mildenhall, Newmarket, Stowmarket, Sudbury)
- South Suffolk (Jobcentre Plus: Ipswich, Felixstowe, Woodbridge)
- Cambridgeshire (Jobcentre Plus: Cambridge, Peterborough, Huntingdon, Ely and Wisbech)
What does Kickstart offer me?
Kickstart Scheme jobs are normally 25 hours per week and pay at least the National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage depending on how old you are. You will be paid by your employer and depending on your circumstance, you may continue to receive Universal Credit once you start work. Find out more about how your earnings affect your payments on gov.uk: How your earnings affect your payments.
Not only will you be in a paid 6-month job, you will also be receiving additional employability support to help boost your employment prospects in the future.
We already have thousands of Kickstart Scheme jobs in a wide range of sectors across England, Scotland and Wales, including in tech and digital, creative industries, engineering and manufacturing, marketing, sports, beauty, retail, forestry, and many more.
You may be able to move from a Kickstart job into an apprenticeship within the same company. Ask your Work Coach about these opportunities and look on the Apprenticeships website.
How do I apply to Kickstart?
There are thousands of Kickstart Scheme jobs available right now. To check your full eligibility and find out how to apply please send your Jobcentre work coach a journal message with the job title, employer name and postcode you are interested in.
If you don’t have a Work Coach, find out more about your career options and lots of other useful information on the JobHelp site.