If you enjoy working with others in the great outdoors, then join us at ActivGardens.
You will learn skills and gain confidence, get active and enhance your mental and physical well-being, meet people, make friends and build contacts. Our gardens and projects are at the heart of local communities, with a friendly, open and welcoming atmosphere.
We offer learning and training, work experience, placements and volunteering to people of all ages and abilities. Get in touch to find out more!
ActivGardens offers placements to young people and adults of all abilities – enabling you to learn skills, improve your health and wellbeing and get to know other people in as part of a friendly team.
We offer a range of activities in the relaxed, welcoming environment of the People’s Community Garden, ActivSheds and Chantry Walled Garden, at a pace to suit the individual. We also offer opportunities at our outreach projects – currently in Belle Vue Park, Sudbury.
Being part of ActivGardens will enable you to
- Learn practical skills and skills for employment/ progression
- Develop competencies such as working as a team, good communication, and understanding responsibility
- Build self-esteem, gain confidence, and develop independence
- Develop friendships and form social networks
- Be a part of a community-based project
- spend time outdoors and be physically active to improve and maintain physical and mental well-being
- take part in new, fun activities such as beekeeping and outdoor cooking
- Foster an understanding of the natural world and improve the local environment
To find out more information about placements click here.
Build practical skills and knowledge about gardening, growing and nature conservation on you way to further learning, training or employment.
This course is designed to help you take first steps towards building up your confidence and developing other skills such as good communication, ability to work in a team, showing initiative and taking responsibility. ActivGardens aims to provide a rounded learning environment with positive outcomes for work and life.
Roots to work is for people aged 16+ who are unemployed or economically inactive, and not engaging in education or training.
About ActivLives charity
ActivLives is a local independent charity working in Ipswich and across Suffolk to keep people active, connected and involved with their local community through accessible sports and exercise, learning new skills and volunteering opportunities.
Follow our page here on icanbea... to keep up-to-date with our latest opportunities!