Connects & Co. values and cherishes children and young people who live with the effects of terminal or long-term illness, disability, mental health issues and Addiction within their family.
Many children and young people's lives are affected emotionally, educationally and socially because of their family circumstances.
Our mission is to provide:
- Non-judgmental, emotional and practical support for children and young people who are affected by the illness or disability of a family member.
- To champion their issues and celebrate their achievements.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To provide a listening ear and support for children and young people living in a caring role or those who are affected by the illness and/or disability of a family member who may have:
- A learning or physical disability
- Terminal or long-term illness
- Mental health problems
- A severe addiction
- To give our children and young people opportunities to build new friendships and support by offering a wide range of activities.
- To provide transport, wherever possible, to assist our children and young people to groups and outings.
- To provide relevant learning and training opportunities to our clients, cadets, volunteers, paid workers, trustees and outside agencies.
- To raise the awareness individually, locally, nationally and globally of the issues that children, young people and young carers face due to their family circumstances.
- To recognise and celebrate the skills and achievements of these children and young people.
- To recognise the support and diversity of the family unit.
Volunteers at Connects & Co often have as much fun as the children and young people we support! Members of Connect Club group can be given an opportunity to volunteer through our Connect Cadets scheme and adults can volunteer their time too.
We welcome any enquiries about getting involved, just get in touch.
All Connects & Co adult volunteers undergo the standard checks and training which are required for anyone working with children and young people or the vulnerable. An informal interview process will be required before suitable checks are carried out.
Find out more
If you would like to know more about the work we do or how you can get involved please visit our website.