The Creative Computing Club provides young people in Suffolk, England with the opportunity to learn new digital skills in a fun and informal learning environment.
During the first two years (2012-2014) the Creative Computing Club (CCC) had over 45 participants aged 11 to 16-years-old from all over Suffolk. The course featured a modular learning approach comprised of computer programming, electronics, robotics, video game design, computer graphics and more. It produced a number of electronic teaching resources which have been downloaded over twenty-five thousand times by teachers and home educators all over the world.
Creative Computing Club is accessible for any participant living in Suffolk, any skill level is welcome. There are 12 places per course and are usually in high demand. There are however some pre-requisites to attending.
- You must complete a parental/guardian consent/contact form prior to the commencement of the course if you are under 16.
- Payment must be made in full prior to the commencement of the course you are attending.
- Due to the high volume of demand for these courses we are unable to provide refunds for missed sessions.
There are very few "rules" at Creative Computing Club, it is a very informal and friendly environment and we would like to keep it that way, so our "rules" are mostly common sense.
- Participants must be respectful of other participants and course leaders.
- No downloading or sharing of illegal files (i.e. software, music, movies or games).
- Do not use any one else's equipment without first asking permission.
Courses are 5-8 weeks in length and are aligned with school terms, but there are also one day weekend sessions and week long summer holiday events, the duration, dates, ages restrictions, fees and locations of these are available on the courses page Private tutoring and home-ed groups can be arranged via the contact page.