Ipswich is the county town of Suffolk and is the fastest growing urban centre in the East of England, with key developments in particular taking place on the Waterfront. A third of a million people live within 15 miles of Ipswich town centre.
Ipswich Borough Council and its Councilors are committed to transforming Ipswich and to improving the way in which we work and is responsible for the following services:
- Benefits : housing benefit, council tax reduction and local housing allowance
- Business : business advice and support, commercial properties to let in Ipswich, tendering opportunities, business events, forecourt bookings
- Elections: Registering how to vote, details on past and present elections
- Environmental health: food safety, animal welfare and pest control as well as pollution, noise and nuisance issues
- Housing: finding housing, information for council tenants, advice for private tenants, landlords and homeowners
- Leisure: Local events and event planning, our entertainment venues, museums and galleries. Also information on visiting Ipswich, the Tourist Information Centre and our Local Market
- Parking, transport and streets: Car parks and on street parking, public transport, and reporting highway and street cleansing issues
- Planning and building: Planning applications, policy documents, conservation, building regulations and land charges
- Sustainability: the Council’s environment strategy, grants for householders etc
Ipswich Borough Council provides a voice for its communities as well as a wide range of services to meet their needs. It is also committed to transforming Ipswich and to improve the way in which we work. We will deliver effective local government, based on excellent customer care, which is open and responsive to residents’ wishes.
Working for Ipswich Borough Council
We provide a wide range of benefits to motivate employees, help achieve their potential and to improve their performance. These include:
- Professional development opportunities
- Extensive in-house training courses
- Regular Personal Development Reviews and personal briefing sessions, for personal development planning
- Flexible working arrangements are available for suitable posts
Securing your first job isn't just about having qualifications - most employers are looking for relevant experience too. An apprenticeship with Ipswich Borough Council is a great stepping stone to your career, giving you valuable experience in the workplace, your own income and recognised qualifications.
These are just a few of the careers that could begin with an Ipswich Borough Council apprenticeship:
- Business Administration Support Apprentice- Waste & Fleet
- Sports and Leisure Team Member
- Community Support and Health Officer Apprentice
- Housing (Tenancy Services) Apprentice
- Human Recourses Apprentice
- Business Support Apprentice
For more information, visit: https://www.ipswich.gov.uk/content/apprenticeship-ipswich-borough-council
Find out more
If you would like further information about Ipswich Borough Council and the opportunities we have to offer, take a look at our website and follow us here on icanbea...