We work with the strengths of people with mental health difficulties, to help them lead an independent life of their choice.
We use our expertise and commitment to best practice to promote social inclusion.
We specifically focus on the following areas:
- Outreach Support
We provide a number of different types of outreach support and the aim of all of them is to help people gain or maintain their independence in the community.
- Supported Housing
We provide support to people in a range of supported housing schemes in Suffolk. We focus on empowering people to build and maintain the skills they need to enable them to live independent and meaningful lives.
- Health & Wellbeing
Wellbeing is about feeling good and functioning well. This can comprise lots of different things, but is often linked with how someone feels about their life compared with their expectation of what their life should look like.
We place the needs of the people that we support at the heart of all our decision making, ensuring that the services that we provide meet their expectations and are delivered by staff who are well trained and feel motivated to work for us.
- That hope is crucial to us all.
- That recovery is a continuum that we move along according to our circumstances.
- That strengths are something we all have. Everyone has the capacity to grow, to learn and to change.
- That everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy safe and secure housing.
- That people with mental ill health have the right to take part in positive and challenging activities.
- That we work better when our strengths are recognised, developed and valued.
- That we all need to develop our resilience.
Jobs & Opportunities
Julian Support aims to be a leading employer of choice.
The type of work we do means that our staff, students and volunteers are our most important asset. Our people's talents are what make a difference to those we support.
Our vision is that the people who work for us not only have the technical skills required for their job but the right attitude and life experience to empathise with their colleagues and the people we work with.
These are just some of the features that make us so great to work for:
- We pay people a real living wage (as set by the Living Wage Foundation) on contracts that offer a stable income
- We are signed up to the Unison Ethical Care Charter – our working conditions meet or exceed the standard of the Charter
- A flexible approach to employing people that supports work/life balance
- Job satisfaction by ‘making a difference to people's lives in an empowering way’
- Staff benefits package that includes free counselling service, childcare vouchers, free eye tests and contributions towards glasses (for VDU use)
- Personalised induction programme, we value employees as individuals
- Clear and effective communication
- Commitment to supporting staff to realise their potential and providing continuing development opportunities in order that people can take on new challenges and learn new skills
- Regular supervision, annual appraisal
- Peer support, team building events
- Planned career breaks
- Sick pay up to 26 weeks full pay and 26 weeks half pay
- Death in service benefit 2 x annual salary
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
*85% of our staff say work is an important part of their life* *82% of staff say they find their work stimulating*
Julian Support aims to be a placement provider of first choice by treating our students with respect and playing to their strengths, interests and abilities.
Julian Support has a rich tradition of investing in the development of students the value of which is demonstrated by the number of those who have gone on to work for us post qualification.
These are just some of the features that we offer our students on placement:
- Internal training opportunities
- Opportunity to co-design their placement programme
- Experience of working directly with internal and external professionals
- Work across a range of services to get a breadth of experience
- Supervision and informal mentoring
- Opportunity to undertake research projects
- Opportunity to deliver information sessions to staff
Follow us here on icanbea... to view our latest opportunities!