Maritime is a UK-based, market-leading intermodal logistics company offering the complete solution for supply chain requirements including container transport and storage, freight management, curtainsided distribution and intermodal services.
Since its inception in 2001, Maritime has grown into one of the largest privately-owned intermodal transport operators in the UK.
Specialising in container transport to begin with, Maritime has diversified over the years to provide complete supply chain coverage through a wide-range of services including curtainsided distribution, intermodal transport, container storage and repair, freight management, and cargo handling and warehousing.
With a network of 40+ depots spanning the UK and cutting-edge IT systems, Maritime has an unrivalled infrastructure in place to deliver consistent, quality logistics solutions to customers.
Our scale is an asset; our personal approach sets us apart
Professional Driver Scheme
Maritime's Professional Driver Scheme is a fantastic opportunity for drivers with little or no commercial experience to join an industry-leading transport company.
This year-long programme offers comprehensive training and mentoring, all whilst you drive the very best vehicles on the road.
All you need is a C+E entitlement to apply, and with one of the biggest depot networks in the UK, you're bound to find a site local to you.
If successful you will receive:
- Training on drivers' hours rules, Working Time Directive and digital tachographs
- Full training on every make of vehicle we operate
- Close proximity manoeuvring, SAFED and fuel-efficient driving
- Regular assessments, appraisals, and skill testing
- Dedicated long-term mentor
- Education in all aspects of a transport operation
- Structured progression
- Detailed record of your training journey
- Help, support, and advice at all our depots nationwide
- The comfort of working and learning in a professional atmosphere within a highly-regarded organisation
If you are interested in joining our Professional Driver Scheme, please click here to see our latest vacancies where you can then search for Professional Driver Scheme.
Trainee Schemes & Apprenticeships
Maritime is leading the way in logistics excellence, so who better to train up the next generation of superstars?
Whether you’ve been working in the industry for a few years or you’re in secondary school looking for a work experience placement, our roles in a diverse range of fields and defined career paths are an irresistible option for those that have a genuine interest in the transport sector.
Learn from the best to become the best.
- Practical, on-the-job training with full support and close mentoring
- External courses provided when appropriate
- Excellent remuneration packages and benefits
- State-of-the-art technology and facilities
- Opportunities to continue developing after completion of apprenticeship
Need more information?
Wherever you’re from and whatever you’re interested in, start your future today with Maritime.
‘Being an apprentice at Maritime has allowed me to gain a lot of valuable skills, knowledge, and experience needed to achieve recognised qualifications for the career path I have chosen. I’d highly recommend an apprenticeship to anyone; working whilst learning in a fantastic environment!’ Wei Luu, Apprentice Systems Administrator.