Norfolk County Council is the administrative authority for the county of Norfolk. It is a forward thinking council that wants the county and its communities to make the best of their potential.
It is split into seven local government districts. It's main offices are located in Norwich, with further offices and supporting services across the county.
Norfolk County Council is responsible for a varying range of services across the county, these include:
- Business and trading standards: Enforcing fair trading laws, protecting consumers and giving advice.
- Education and learning: Supporting schools, youth services, higher education opportunities and skills for work.
- Environment and sustainability: Conservation of the countryside and public access to it, waste disposal, archaeological services and low carbon projects.
- Leisure, culture and tourism: Arts, heritage, libraries, museums and archives.
- Public safety: Emergency and rescue services, safety advice, road safety and domestic abuse support.
- Social care: Healthcare, carers support, housing, disability services, fostering and adoption, nursing homes and behavioural issues.
- Transport and highways: Public transport, road works, maintenance of footpaths and rights of way.
We believe that Norfolk is a great place to live and work and as the largest provider of public services in the county we have great ambitions not only for our county but for the young people of Norfolk
We need employees who are as ambitious as we are, who take pride in their work, are innovative, business-like and collaborative and always deliver to the highest standards.
We have a commitment and passion to make improvements in the real-life experiences of people in Norfolk. Our values set out what's important about how we work:
- Take accountability
- Make strategy happen
- Be evidence based
- Be business-like
- Be collaborative
As an employer we’re clear about what we need to achieve, we encourage our people to be innovative in their approach in an environment where discussion is easy.
There's a clear link between performance development and goals, with a workforce that can adapt to changing working environments and want to make a difference to the people of Norfolk.
There are six main departments to work in within the council, these are:
- Adult Social Services: Looking after the social, mental and physical wellbeing of adults.
- Children's Services: Looking after the education and social, physical and mental wellbeing of children.
- Community and Environmental Services: Supporting residents, communities, businesses and visitors, including libraries and roads.
- Strategy and Transformation: Services focused on embedding a new approach and way of working to deliver more efficient support to services, managers and staff. Comprises Communication, HR, Transformation and Intelligence and Analytics.
- Governance: Bringing together our legal, democratic and regulatory services.
- Finance and Commercial Services: Managing the council's finances including planning services, hiring staff and budgeting. The Information Management and Technology Team provides a wide range of information and communications technology for Norfolk County Council and our external customers.
Supported by Norfolk County Council, the Apprenticeships Norfolk Network has been set up to help increase the number, level, range and quality of Apprenticeships available to young people in the county. Network members include training providers, schools, employers and other organisations that all work in partnership to make sure they provide you with excellent help and support around Apprenticeships.
To find out more about becoming an apprentice, visit Apprenticeships Norfolk Network.
Help You Choose
You can find out more about all your options, watch videos and download leaflets to help you with finding and applying for apprenticeships and jobs - and also find links to websites to help you with your research. Visit Help You Choose here.
Find out more
To find out more about Norfolk County Council, including any opportunities that we may offer, use the links provided to our website and follow us here on icanbea for the latest news and updates.