The Aims Of Our Curriculum
Our central aim is to deliver a curriculum which:
- Provides a broad and balanced education for all pupils that’s coherently planned and sequenced towards cumulatively sufficient knowledge for skills and future learning and employment
- Enable pupils to develop knowledge, understand concepts and acquire skills, and be able to choose and apply these in relevant situations
- Provide subject choices that support pupils’ learning and progression, and enable them to work towards achieving their goals
- Provide a broad curriculum prioritising a strong academic core of subjects, such as those offered in the EBacc
- Develop pupils’ independent learning skills and resilience, to equip them for further/higher education and employment
- Provides our students with a rich experience, which inspires, is stimulating and fosters curiosity, independent thinking and creativity.
- Support pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, making our pupils more aware of, and engaged with, their local, national and international communities
- Support pupils’ physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active. This will ensure that pupils recognise that personal development is essential to wellbeing and success
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Ensure equal access to learning for all pupils, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Have a high academic/vocational/technical ambition for all pupils
- Equip pupils with the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life
- Ensures a smooth transition from the primary to secondary phase.
- Offers a range of enrichment and extra-curricular activities which aim to broaden students learning experiences.
- Safeguards all our students
- Create successful learners who have the essential learning skills of literacy, numeracy, and information and communication technology
Find out more
If you would like to know more about our school and what we have to offer then please visit our website or call 01449 613541.