We want to make Suffolk the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental health.
Our Approach to Mental Health
All of us have mental health, just as we have physical health. We are all on the mental health continuum – and we move up and down it depending on how we cope with the challenges of life and the stresses that it creates.
Suffolk Mind works across the continuum, from wellbeing to ‘severe and enduring’ mental ill-health, providing support & information for everyone.
As a charity we really value our volunteers and the part they play in helping us to promote mental wellbeing across the country, and supporting us in the delivery of our services.
- The opportunity to gain skills and practical experience in a supportive environment.
- Help to improve confidence and feelings of self worth,
- Useful experience to add to a CV to help you to stand out from the crowd.
Being a Friend means joining a network of people who have pledged to find out how important mental health is and how to look after it. It’s free to join and will give you lots of useful information and support. It’s a small step but one that could make a huge difference in your life and the lives of people you care about.
- Suffolk Mind wants to make our county the best place in the world for talking about and taking care of mental wellbeing.
- All of us have mental health, just as we have physical health, and one in four of us will suffer from mental ill health in any given year.
- Just as five-a-day, a little exercise and a balanced diet are part of keeping physically healthy, so it is with mental health
To become a Friend of Suffolk Mind, all you need to do, is complete our online form and we’ll be in touch with you.
Suffolk Mind have launched a new Suffolk PenPal scheme to enable people to connect with others during the pandemic. We want to help people to meet their needs for community and emotional connection so they can maintain good mental health. We’d love to hear from you.
There’s no need to contact us prior to sending a letter. You can just send a letter for free to:
FREEPOST Suffolk Mind
Don’t forget to include your full name and address so we can write back to you.
You can include anything you like in your letter – we would love to hear about your family, friends, pets, hobbies and your day-to-day life.
You may know exactly what you are going to write about, but if not we can offer you some help to get your started click here.
Working at Suffolk Mind
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time + an annual option to buy or sell annual leave)
- Pension scheme
- Health and Dental Care Insurance Plan
- Occupational sick pay
- Free DBS check
- Free parking at our Felixstowe and Bury office
- Free wellbeing courses
- Free tea/coffees (when working in the office)
- Christmas party/lunch
- Friendly and open culture
- Flexible working option
- Hybrid working option (offered on some roles)
- Confidential counselling telephone line service
- Long service award
- Interest free emergency staff loan
To view our latest roles, or to apply visit our Job Vacancies page.