There are many career opportunities in the energy and utilities sector. Talent Source Network brings together over 20 employers who are looking for their future recruits. You can access the sector in many different ways, including: Traineeships, Apprenticeships and Graduate Schemes through to professional roles. Our employers are looking for people with a diverse range of skills, qualities and ambitions.
The energy and utilities sector touches the lives of over 65 million people across the UK, providing the essential services that the country relies on. To support these services we require a wide range of skills, roles include engineers, customer services, human resources, project management, marketing, IT and change specialists.
Whichever path you choose, the advantages of joining the sector include investment in training, career security and career development.
You can join the network on our website.
About the Energy & Utility Sector
Fast growing and high profile, the energy and utility sector is an exciting and diverse place in which to work. Supplying essential goods and services, there are few careers which offer as much variety, job security or scope for progression.
The sector comprises a number of core industries:
- Energy efficiency
- Waste management
- From essential services that light and heat homes, to the development of ever-cleaner, smarter technologies, opportunities in the sector are almost endless. There are also thousands of associated support industries; a supply chain of organisations which enable the sector’s products to be manufactured, transported and sold.
This is a fast-paced, high demand and constantly evolving environment. And it needs your skills to keep it powered: fifty percent of the sector’s current workforce will leave or retire by 2023.
Entry Level: The energy and utility sector can provide a wide range of career opportunities and possibilities for those looking to start their career.
- STEM - 16 or under? Looking to study Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM subjects)? With these qualifications, there’s a huge variety of exciting career paths open to you. Young people with STEM skills are in demand in the energy and utilities sector and can expect great long-term career prospects.
- Traineeships and Apprenticeships - Traineeships can prepare you for work or lead to other great opportunities, they can take anything from six weeks to six months to complete. By the end, you will be prepared for the world of work and have something really meaningful to add to your CV. You’ll also gain the confidence to take the next step in your career.
- Apprenticeships give you the chance to gain invaluable experience and study towards nationally recognised qualifications – all while earning a salary. Apprenticeships are offered by some of the most innovative and forward thinking companies around. That means you’ll get incredible experience as you develop a broad array of skills.
- Graduate Opportunities - Just left university? Considering a career in the energy and utilities sector? There’s a wealth of opportunities out there, with many companies offering exceptional training, career progression and rewards. Whatever direction you take, you’ll learn through practical training and enjoy a secure career in a vital infrastructure industry. When you start, you’ll normally be paired with a mentor. You’ll also get your own personal development plan and attend various inductions and workshops to enhance your skills. With like-minded colleagues around you, you’ll be part of a smart and supportive team.
- Find out more about starting a career in the energy sector visit our website.
Find out more
If you would like to know more about what we offer or how you could have a career in the energy and utility sector then visit our website.