TCHC offers a range of government-funded services to young people, jobseekers, employers, and employees throughout the East of England (Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk).
Our advisers are ready and waiting to offer you all the advice and help you need to move your career and your business forward. They can identify any funding available to support your objectives.
Currently in Suffolk our programmes include:
- Training and support for young people 16-18 not currently working or studying through our MyGaps Study Programme.
- Training, support and work experience for young people 16-24 through our Step Forward programme.
- Training and support for jobseekers through our Opportunity Suffolk programme.
- Business start-up training for jobseekers or those affected by redundancy.
We have built excellent relationships with an extensive network of training providers across the region who can offer you a choice of training and business development services, which will enable you to achieve your development objectives.
TCHC is here to help you grow through developing your skills. For both businesses and learners, we offer end-to end talent management. Click here to see our Apprenticeship Prospectus.
We offer a range of Apprenticeships:
- Management and Customer Services
- Digital Marketing and IT
- Health and Social Care
- Retail and Logistics
- Finance and Accounting
- Business Administration
Support for 16-24 year olds not in Employment Education or Training
This is programme provides help and support for young people aged 16-18 (up to 24 with an EHC plan) not in education, employment or training (NEET). It offers the opportunity to gain skills and qualifications including English and Maths, Customer Service and IT to aid young people in finding a job, apprenticeship, traineeships or education place. It provides a wide range of support including confidence building and is tailored to the individual.
Who is it for?
- Anybody not in education, employment or training (NEET), aged between 16-18 (up to 24 with an ECH plan.)
- Living in or around Ipswich, Sudbury, Grays, Romford, Clacton on Sea and Peterborough.
What does the programme include?
Some of the support the programme includes:
- Help with interviews, job searches and CVs.
- Assistance getting into areas such a, retail, construction, care, security and the creative sector.
- Building confidence and instilling motivation.
- Help finding work placements and gaining work experience.
- Qualifications in Maths, English, IT, Social Media and Customer Service.
How much does it cost?
Nothing, if individuals meet the eligibility requirements, the programme is fully funded.
Step Forward is for young people who are looking for work. If you are not in employment, education or training (NEET) this programme combines careers advice with gaining the skills employers are looking for and work experience.
If you want to get into work – whatever job you are looking for, employers want core skills. On Step Forward you will hear from local employers about the skills they need.
Over 10 days we will help you step forward and get you prepared for the world of work. Then we will find you 20 days of work experience, so you’ll have the mind-set and skills employers are looking for.
What does it include?
- 20 days of work experience
- Talks from employers giving you inside info on what they want
- Guaranteed interview with an Apprenticeship provider
- Team building skills – so you’ll fit into a work team setting
- Career advice, information and guidance
- Money management skills
- CV writing and development – promote your skills to employers
- Preparing for Interviews – fight the nerves and convince employers you’re what they need
- An accredited qualification
Who’s it for?
If you are aged 16-24 years old, not in employment, training or education and live in Ipswich we can help.
Is a partnership of organisations to support anyone aged 24 or over, who lives in and/or access services in Suffolk and has not worked in the last six months. It is a flexible programme designed to meet the needs of participants. It can include:
- Identifying the development needs and support required
- Information, advice and guidance session
- Financial and budgeting support
- Housing and debt advice
- Childcare support
- English language training
- Mentor to provide continuing support throughout the programme
- Motivation and confidence building
- Action plan to map out the relevant support
- Bespoke package of support to overcome issues you face
- Support applying for jobs
The length of the programme is determined by your needs. View programme brochure here.
Business Start-Up Support
If you are thinking of starting a business or want to test out a possible business idea then we are here to help. We offer comprehensive business enterprise support. With our help you’ll understand what is needed to run a business and develop a wide range of skills which can help you in setting out on your own. Click here to find out more.