Kick Start Your Customer Service Career with Aviva
Customer Service Expert (Inbound calls and Administration) - Starting salary between £22,000 to £27,500 (depending on hours, location, skills and experience)
Our standard full-time contracts are for 35 hours per week (with options for part time working); we also offer a 40-hour contract which has an enhanced salary of up to £27,500.
Location: this role is minimum 3 days per week in our Sheffield office
Allocated shift pattern between 08:00 – 17:30 Monday – Friday
We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
Customer Service careers are different here at Aviva. We believe in creating a better tomorrow, for everyone. That’s why we’re here, and that’s why 15 million customers across the UK have placed their trust in us. We are looking for people who truly care and are driven to give it their all every single day. People like you!
A bit about the job:
We want you to provide the very best service with performance measured in line with Aviva’s values; Care, Commitment, Community and Confidence. In other words, it’s the quality of the personalised service you provide that we’re interested in. There is a lot to learn but don’t worry, through great training and coaching you’ll be well prepared to support the needs of our customers and financial advisers.
You will be part of our Platform Organisation, providing telephony, admin and digital support in an expanding area of Aviva. Our great team of customer experts provide support across our Pension, ISA and Investment portfolio products.
But don’t worry about the product, it’s the care that you can bring to our customers that we are interested in the most!
Our products are technical - there is a lot to learn but don’t worry, you’ll receive plenty of training and support to help our customers with their complex queries.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Ability to work at a fast pace and with high volumes whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and relationship building with customers and colleagues
- Ability to follow processes and procedures, to manage your own workload effectively and identify opportunities for improvement
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications, particularly Excel and OneNote
- Experience within a financial services environment (would be advantageous), ideally with a good understanding of our products
What you’ll get for this role:
Our purpose - with you today, for a better tomorrow – is a promise we make to our colleagues too. And one of the ways we live up to that promise is by investing in you. We have so much to offer when it comes to being an Aviva colleague.
- Starting salary between £22,000 to £27,500 (depending on hours, location, skills and experience) Our standard full-time contracts are for 35 hours per week (with options for part time working); we also offer a 40-hour contract which has an enhanced salary of up to £27,500
- Bonus opportunity - 6% of annual salary. Actual amount depends on your performance and Aviva’s.
- Generous pension scheme - Aviva will contribute up to 14%, depending on what you put in.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, and you can choose to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Make your money go further - Up to 40% discount on Aviva products, and other retailer discounts
- Up to £1,200 of free Aviva shares per year through our Matching Share Plan and share in the success of Aviva with our Save As You Earn scheme
- Brilliantly supportive policies including parental and carer’s leave
- Flexible benefits to suit you, including sustainability options such as cycle to work
- Make a difference, be part of our Aviva Communities and use your 3 paid volunteering days to help others
- We take your wellbeing seriously with lots of support and tools
Take a look to learn more. Put a salary into this calculator to see what your total Aviva Reward could be.
Aviva is for everyone:
We’re inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you. Most of our people are smart working –spending around 50% of their time in our offices every week - combining the benefits of flexibility, with time together with colleagues.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Immy Sahota a call on (+44) 7721 178289 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/12/2023
between £22,000 to £27,500 (depending on hours, location, skills and experience)
This job is located in Sheffield
More Information and How to Apply
About AVIVA plc
You might think we’re just another boring insurance firm, but we’re not. We don’t show up for work in pressed suits and shiny shoes. At Aviva, we’re proud to be different. Proud to say that we’re a diverse mix of cultures, genders, ages, perspectives and ideas...