Agronomists will conduct research, experiments and investigations into field crop problems to secure a higher yield and improved quality. They will look into best methods of planting, cultivation, harvesting and will develop methods for control of weeds, diseases and pests.
A degree in agriculture, biology, biotechnology, crop and plant science, genetics, horticulture or other related subject.
Agricultural apprenticeships at levels 2, 3 and 4 may assist with moving toward this role.
- A strong interest in plants and plant science
- Good problem solving abilities
- A flexible approach to work
- Able to work well in a team
- The ability to communicate your findings to others
- Good concentration levels
- An analytical and investigative mind
£16,000 to £25,000