The Aircrew Pilot will drop off personnel and equipment into the place they are required, as well as carry out surveillance and anti-submarine operations.
- If you take your A-levels after the start of 2017, you need 72 UCAS points, including two non-overlapping subject areas; before 2017, you need 180 UCAS points
- If you take your GCSEs after the start of 2017, you need 5 at grades 9 – 4, including English Language and Maths; before 2017, you need 5 at grades A*– C
- The above must include English Language and Maths
- You must be aged 17 to 25
- Minimum height of 151.5cm and within the healthy range for Body Mass Index (BMI)
- A British who has lived in the UK continuously for the 5 years prior to applying, or a dual national
What you need to be eligible to be an officer:
- nationality and residency
- criminal convictions
- tattoos and piercings
click here for more details.
First Promotion: Sub-Lieutenant to Lieutenant. Build flying experience in diverse and challenging environments as a member of a front line squadron, whilst managing and supervising your small team. Opportunities to train as an instructor.
Second Promotion: Lieutenant to Lieutenant Commander. Develop flying expertise whilst taking on managerial roles within a front line squadron or headquarters environment.
Training: Following initial Naval Officer Training, study the academics of flight before progressing onto aircraft to develop aircraft handling and mission planning skills. Move onto a front line aircraft type to become qualified aircrew.
National Government Policy states that all students should have achieved at least a Grade 4 or C Grade in English & Maths at GCSE. Achieving this minimum grade in these subjects will increase the opportunities open to you, support your future career development and prospects.
Students who do not meet this standard will be supported to continue to study English and Maths through full-time education or an Apprenticeship.
- Good leadership and management skills
- Able to work under pressure
- A sense of adventure
- Enjoy working in challenging environments
£25,000 to £32,000