Boat builders build and repair marine vessels from smaller pleasure or fishing crafts to larger commercial vessels, this could be in a factory, workshop, boat yard or marina, it is an extremely skilled job, often involving the traditional methods of wood carving and treatments.
A good level of general education, entry route could be via an apprenticeship.
- You will need to enjoy manual tasks,
- Good technical abilities
- An organised and methodical approach
- The ability to multi task
- Comfortable working at heights
- A reasonable level of fitness
- Good communication skills
£18,000 to £24,000