Electrical Engineers are involved in the innovation of new systems and electrical products, as well as the installation of systems. They will often be involved in the wiring of the whole buildings as well as the infrastructure for large projects such as new power stations and transport systems.
A degree in electrical or electronic engineering or another relevant subject would be preferable. Entry without a degree is possible by starting as a technician with an HND or higher level apprenticeship in an appropriate engineering subject.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- The ability to follow plans
- Up to date sector knowledge
- The ability to work well with other professionals
- Good problem solving skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
£20,000 to £25,000