A Financial Trader buys and sells shares, bonds and assets for individuals and banks. They set prices and execute deals trying to maximum profits and minimise losses. They will act on behalf of a client placing orders and advising on market developments. Their aim is to buy low and sell high.
A minimum 2:1 degree in economics, maths, finance, business or accountancy would be preferable. Entry without an HND or degree will be difficult.
- Able to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to build a good rapport with clients
- An interest in financial markets
- Alert and able to think on your feet
- Able to make difficult decisions
- Physical and mental stamina
£26,000 to £32,000