Football coaches will train and plan coaching activities, sessions and programmes to help develop and improve the players abilities, they will give guidance on nutrition, develop and discuss strategies and techniques, may help with team selection and advise players on how to have a positive mental attitude and self discipline. Football coaches work both at amateur level with community children or adult teams or at semi-professional or professional level with football academies and clubs. Many coaches have part time paid or voluntary roles and will combine coaching with another full time job.
You can qualify as a coach by completing a Football Association (FA) coaching qualification which start at level 1 and go all the way through to the UEFA A licence which is your qualification for the semi-professional and professional game.
- An excellent knowledge and interest in football
- Bags of energy
- Enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others
- Good organisational and planning skills
- The ability to give advice and constructive criticism
- Determination and the drive to succeed
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- A confident and professional manner.
£14,000 to £24,000