Forensic Scientist will work with the police to help solve crimes, they may be asked to give impartial scientific evidence in a court of law. They will collect samples such as body fluids, hair, fibres, or fragments from a crime scene and take them for analysis which may help in identifying a suspect or victim or provide other valuable information to help solve the crime.
A degree in a scientific subject such as biological sciences, chemistry, forensic science.
- An excellent analytical and enquiring mind
- Attention to detail
- A logical and methodical approach
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team which could consist of scientists and police
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
£20,000 to £25,000