Plant Geneticists will look for ways to improve the quality and performance of existing crops and well as developing new ones, they will look into new methods for disease resistance or drought tolerance to improve the yield and look of the crop.
A degree in agriculture, biology, biotechnology, crop and plant science, genetics, horticulture or other related subject.
- A strong interest in plants and plant science
- Good problem solving abilities
- A flexible approach to work
- Able to work well in a team
- The ability to communicate your findings to others
- Good concentration levels
- An analytical and investigative mind
£16,000 to £25,000