Geophysicists will study the physical aspects of the earth to create a picture of what lies below the earth's surface. They do this by collecting data on seismic waves which move around and through the earth. Geophysicists are used by oil and gas exploration and extraction companies, environmental consultancies, research institutes.
You will require a degree geology, geophysics, geochemistry or other relevant subject
- A keen interest in physics and geology
- Good project management skills
- The ability to communicate findings and write reports
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good team working abilities
£25,000 to £30,000