An Interior Designer will design internal space, which could include structural alterations, furnishings, soft furnishings, colour schemes, lighting and fixtures and fittings. They will oversee the overall project for domestic properties, leisure or commercial properties.
A degree or HND in interior design, 3D design or other related subjects is usually required, however it is possible to get into this career without a degree with significant experience and a creative flair.
- An excellent creative flair with lots of different ideas
- Good technical knowledge
- Good drawing skills
- A flexible attitude
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Good at project management
- Able to lead and instruct a team
- An awareness of building and safety regulations
- Good communication skills
£18,000 to £23,000