Lifeguards monitor the safety of people when using the swimming pool or at the coast, they will intervene when needed and administer first aid if necessary. They will make swimmers aware of any dangerous situations and will carry out a rescue procedure in an emergency.
To become a Lifeguard you will need to pass the UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification or National Beach Lifeguard Qualification depending on where you want to work.
- A very strong swimmer
- A good level of fitness
- Good concentration levels
- Very observant
- Able to keep calm in difficult situations
- Able to act quickly in an emergency
- Good communication skills
- Confidence in your own abilities
£13,000 to £18,000