Will assist and liaise with the Project Manager to ensure the manufacturing process is running smoothly and will be responsible for supervising a team of operators and technicians. May be responsible for the day to day running of a specific area.
You can get into this job through:
You could do a team leader advanced apprenticeship or process leader higher apprenticeship.
There are no set entry requirements but it may help you to get in if you have:
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and maths, for an advanced apprenticeship
- 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) and A levels, or equivalent, for a higher or degree apprenticeship
Click here to search for an apprenticeship.
You could work your way up to a supervisor's job after getting 1 or 2 years' experience as a production worker.
To go straight into a supervisor job, you'll usually need qualifications or experience from related manufacturing work, like machinery maintenance or quality control.
Career Path and Progression
With experience you could move into quality control, production planning and management or research and development.
Related careers you may be interested in:
- Production manager (manufacturing)
- Production worker (manufacturing)
- Manufacturing systems engineer
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Leadership abilities to motivate staff and lead your team
- An approachable manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- An awareness of health and safety procedures
- Good problem solving abilities
- Able to make decisions
£18,000 to £35,000