As a Movement Controller you'll be at the centre of defence activity internationally and co-ordinate the movement of soldiers and equipment all over the world. It’s your job to direct and prepare troops, vehicles and equipment for transport by road, rail, sea and air. It’s a great opportunity to travel whilst gaining qualifications that are recognised outside the Army. You need to be organised and good with people, including the UK's Allied partners, commercial organisations and senior soldiers and officers. It also helps if you’re able to think on your feet.
Age: 16 years 3 months - 35 years 6 months
Qualifications: GCSE Grade 9 to 4 (A* to C) in at least English Language and maths.
- Mid Thigh Pull 46kg
- Medicine Ball Throw 2.9m
- 2km run 11m 15s (11m 30s for Junior Entry)
Qualifications you could get after training
- Level 2 Certificate Logistics & Transport
- Affiliate Membership of CILT
- Level 2 Apprenticeship International Trade&Logistics
- Lvl 3 Cert Global Logistics
- Lvl 5 Diploma Logistics&Tpt
- BSc(Hons) Logistic Mgmt (University of Lincoln)
- good team player
Go to the British Army website for further information about becoming a Movement Controller
£15,671 to £20,000