Neighbourhood wardens will help reduce anti-social behaviour by being seen out on the streets, they respond to incidents and report any crimes to police, they will alert the council and other authorities about any environmental issues, get involved in community activities, support older and vulnerable people in the community and check to make sure empty properties are safe and secure.
A good general standard of education is preferred but there are no formal qualifications required for this role.
- Ability to communicate and get on with people from all ages and backgrounds
- The ability to be open minded and able to build trust
- A confident and assertive manner
- Tact and diplomacy
- Able to react quickly in unexpected situations
- A good level of fitness
- The ability to handle aggressive behaviour in a tactful manner
£17,000 to £19,000