Nursery Workers work with babies and young children to help them develop and learn. They are responsible for the safety of the child and will encourage them to develop their language, numeracy and social skills, this could be through play, games, activities and excursions.
Academic qualifications are not always needed to start training, you could start out as an assistant under the supervision of experienced staff. To become a qualified nursery worker you will need a level 2 or level 3 childcare qualification.
- Perseverance and patience to motivate young children
- Lots of creativity and imagination
- Keen observational skills
- A warm and caring nature
- A sense of responsibility
- Good organisational skills
- A good awareness of child safety issues
- A good sense of humour
£15,000 to £18,000