Pension Consultants can either work on behalf of a company to research possible employee pension plans as well as adapting original ones and performing calculations or they may be a personal pension adviser who will give advice to individuals about the best product to suit their needs, they will also ensure that their customers are kept up to date with how their pension is maturing.
A degree or HND in Maths, Economics, Management or business and finance would be preferable although entry without a degree/HND is possible if you have experience in the pensions industry.
- Excellent communication
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- The ability to explain complex information in simple terms
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- Good sales and negotiation skills
- A keen interest in financial products
- The ability to analyse and research information and keep up to date with the current market
- Well organised and able to prioritise workloads
- Able to meet and exceed set targets
£18,000 to £26,000