Tax Inspectors will work for the HM Revenue & Customs to make sure organisations and individuals pay the correct amount of tax and by the deadline that it is due. They are responsible for investigating tax evasion and will offer advice to individuals, companies and organisations or a range of tax related issues.
You need to apply for a place on HM Revenue & Customs’ (HMRC’s) Tax Specialist Programme and have one of the following:
- a degree (minimum 2:2) in any subject
- an equivalent award like a professional accountancy qualification
- You must meet UK nationality requirements to apply for jobs in the civil service
HMRC also runs an 8-week, paid internship programme for final year degree students.
- to have good negotiating skills and powers of persuasion
- the ability to make decisions
- to be able to investigate and analyse complex information
- a creative approach to problem solving