A Veterinary Nurse Works with veterinary surgeons to provide the best care to animals that need veterinary care.
- veterinary nursing a Level 3 diploma or a foundation degree or degree in veterinary nursing
- registration with with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)
You could also access this role through an apprenticeship.
You will find it beneficial to have some relevant work experience as a volunteer with a vet, kennels, animal welfare centre, or with the PDSA or RSPCA.
- good administrative and IT skills
- concern for animal welfare
- ability to keep calm when dealing with animals and their owners
- tact and sympathy
- ability to communicate well at all levels.
£18,000 to £26,000