The overall objective of the Felix Thornley Cobbold Agricultural Trust is to advance and improve agriculture, in particular to educate farmers and young persons in agricultural methods, developments and techniques.
To achieve this objective, Trustees may award grants to individuals, organisations and other charitable trusts. Preference will be given to applicants from Suffolk and the adjoining counties, or for projects that are clearly relevant to the advancement and improvement of agriculture in the region.
What we can offer
Grant application categories:
Education and Training:
- Applicants must originate from Suffolk or adjoining counties, or have lived there for a minimum of three years, excluding time in further or higher education.
- Students must be accepted or provisionally accepted for training or study in agriculture or a related subject at an official college, university or research centre.
- Students should not be eligible for State funding.
- Applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds may be given priority.
Research and Development:
- Research projects must be of definable benefit to farming in Suffolk and the adjoining counties.
- Applications must be made by an experienced senior research leader, such as head of department or professor, at a reputable research institute or university with a record of delivering high quality, peer-reviewed research.
- Students must be under the supervision of a senior research leader at an appropriate centre in the UK.
- Trials must be within the qualifying counties, and under the direction of an experienced research leader.
- Results of Trust-funded research must be publicly available.
Promotion and Publicity:
- The activity must aim to improve public understanding of farming, food and food production within the qualifying counties.
- Promotional and publicity events must be educational.
Capital and Equipment:
- Building or equipment projects must be at teaching or training establishments within the qualifying counties.
- On-farm facilities must be frequently open to the public.
- Equipment must be related to specific research or development projects.
Environment and Wildlife
- Supporting research projects to integrate wildlife conservation into modern farming systems.
Production and Marketing
Find out more
To find out more about the the Felix Cobbold Trust and the help it offers then please visit the website. If you are interested in applying for a grant then please see the grant application page or contact the Administrator via email.